Duration: 1 Year
Credits: 60 CFU corresponding to 45 Quarter Credits
Start of the Course: anytime
Tuition fees: 3.200 Euro
Tuition fees facilitations:
According to the international agreements signed with other organizations and higher institutions, Guglielmo Marconi University provides scholarships to all students coming from Greece and Cyprus. For further information you can contact the admissions office. Payments can be divided into interest-free installments.
Applicants must hold a 4 years Bachelor degree
Participants who successfully complete this programme will be awarded with a Second Level Academic Master Diploma
The field of Educational Psychology is defined as the study of students, of learning and teaching. It carries out the verification of barriers to learning (e.g. Learning Difficulties, Developmental Learning Disorders, Socioemotional Problems, Behavioural Problems) and the implementation of interventions to address them. It has as its object application of the principles and theories of Psychology, to create effective learning processes and environments.
Learning is a complex internal biological and intellectual phenomenon, which has been studied by various branches of science, such as psychology, pedagogy, physiology, medicine, biology and others. The processes of learning are both diverse and different, so that their inclusion in a single category, it cannot be valid and complete.
It deals with issues relating to development, learning, motivation, individual differences, classroom problem management, effective teaching methods and the enhancement of the student’s personality. The Educational Psychology applies the knowledge in practice, for the development of students, motivation, individual differences and individual learning rates, the causal attributions, classroom management, expert handling problems.
PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
- Developmental Psychology
- Learning theories
- Special Education and Learning Difficulties
- Motivations and Education
- Neuroscience and Education
- Parent and Teacher Counseling
At the end of this program, the student will be able to:
- examine, comment on and discuss the theories and research findings of educational psychology
- be aware of the basic theories of intelligence and cognitive development
- be aware of educational practices that could promote the learning process and potentially contribute to optimal learning outcomes
- understand the influence of motivational factors, teacher and students, on the learning process
- summarize the basic principles of learning theories and propose, using these principles, techniques that can improve cognitive development
- use effective methods to manage problems throughout the educational process, including the management of behaviour problems, in the school environment
OUTCOMES AND PROFESSIONAL PROFILE
At the end of the course, participants will be able to fulfil the following roles
- individual and joint counselor in social and educational institutions and schools, to teachers, parents;
- interventions for social workers, teachers and parents in order to strengthen and improve resources for the development of individuals;
- planning in educational environment to assess and improve communication and educational processes;
- school and career guidance and support for students, teachers and parents;
- prevention of difficulties at school and support for teachers and parents;
- support for the development, learning and socialisation processes within and outside the educational environment and schools.